Petersen Inc. is dedicated to safety
At Petersen Inc, we are doing our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We pride ourselves in practicing "The Petersen Way" by making sure we are protecting our team members and their loved ones, our customers/suppliers, and the communities around us. Please use the following information to learn more on what we are doing to slow the spread of this virus.
Petersen Inc. Statement 3/17/2020
During this trying time of uncertainty and crisis, we at Petersen Inc are doing our part to keep our employees, families, customers, and suppliers safe.
Please read a letter from our CEO, Mark Jenkins, regarding the measures we are taking to do so.
Updated Efforts 4/20/2020
4/20/2020 – Weber County Emergency has a hotline for anyone to call if they are emotionally struggling with COVID-19 CLICK HERE FOR INFO
4/15/2020 – Updated COVID-19 testing info for Utah residence
4/8/2020 – Read CEO, Mark Jenkins’ invite to join the worldwide day of fasting and prayer this Good Friday HERE
4/7/2020 – We have implemented several other actions as follows:
- Opened new access areas to the plant that do not require “touching” anything.
- Propped open all man doors throughout the facility to avoid the need of touching any door handles.
- Increased daily cleaning responsibilities for maintenance team to include daily sanitizing of door handles, drinking fountains, vending machines and other common touch points.
- Supervisors wiping down time entry stations multiple times throughout the day.
- Provide disinfectant to all supervisors to spray down touch work areas and tooling at the end of every shift.
- Staggered breaks and lunches to ensure 6 feet physical distancing.
- Implemented “work at home” standards and protocol for all support personnel that can work at home without effecting daily operations.
- Moved those team members whose work space was in violation of the 6 feet physical distancing guidelines.
- Allowing day shift employees to work evenings and weekends to minimize crowding on day shift.
- Only singles allowed on company golf carts and Cushman’s.
- Currently looking at technology to allow for quick scanning of employees before entering facility to check for fevers (still under development).