Our nuclear NQA-1 Quality System is running to Rev 14 and is fully implemented. The quality manual is the cornerstone of Petersen Inc’s commitment to quality, and our foundation of our NQA-1 compliant status. It has been written and established to ensure products and processes meet NQA-1 and other customer and code requirements to produce quality products. By utilizing a graded approach to quality, this quality system meets the requirements of various codes and standards, including NQA-1.
NQA-1; AS9100; and ISO9001-2008
- Washington TRU-Solutions
- Kaiser Hill
- Bechtel National
- Fluor Hanford
- Westinghouse Savannah River Co.
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Westinghouse Electric Co. (Western Zirconium Co.)
- Battelle Energy Alliance
- EAGLE Registrations, Inc. (ISO9001-2008)
- Shaw AREVA MOX LLC
Petersen Inc., a world leader in custom fabrication and precision machining provides the highest level of quality assurance in our processes. Petersen Inc.’s high quality assurance standards for every process allow us to maintain our long-term business relationships and high customer satisfaction throughout the industries we serve.
All projects at Petersen Inc. are completed according to customer specifications. When customers require additional testing or quality assurance measures, such as NQA-1, we develop a production and quality assurance plan that meets the customer’s specifications.
Certifications; Codes; and Standards
Petersen Inc. quality assurance and inspection certifications are among the highest in the industry, and is engaged as a manufacturer in the design, fabrication and precision machining of structures, systems and components manufactured in accordance with various codes and standards including, but not limited to:
- ASME NQA-1
- NBIC – (“R” stamp)
- ASME VIII Div. 1 and 2 – (“U” Stamp) (U2) (S)
- NRC – Subpart H of 10 CFR Part 71 Packaging & Transportation of Radioactive Materials
- ANSI B31.1 – Power Piping
- ANSI B31.3 – Process Piping
- ASME B31.4 – Pipeline Transportation System for Liquid Hydrocarbons and other Liquids
- ASME B31.8 – Gas Transmission and Distribution Piping Systems
- API 650 – Welded Steel Tanks for Oil Storage
- API 1104 – Welding of Pipelines & Related Facilities
- AWS D1.1 – Structural Welding Code – Steel
- AWS D1.2 – Structural Welding Code – Aluminum
- AWS D1.3 – Structural Welding Code – Sheet Steel
- AWS D1.5 – Bridge Welding Code
- AWS D1.6 – Structural Welding Code – Stainless Steel
- AWS D17.1 – Specification for Fusion Welding for Aerospace Applications
- ISO 9001-2008
In House Laboratory (CGD)
Petersen Inc. in-house laboratory provides complete metal testing to ASTM, ASME, AWS, and NQA-1 specifications and standards. These specifications include:
- Commercial Grade Dedication (CGD) of material for Nuclear NQA-1 applications
- Spectrographic chemical analysis of low alloy steels, stainless steels, nickel base alloys. Includes nitrogen and oxygen determination.
- 60,000 lb. tension/compression testing
- Rockwell hardness
- Certified penetrant, magnetic particle and visual examination
- Weld procedure testing
- Weld wire certification including welding of test coupons in accordance with filler material specifications.
Within the stringent requirements of NQA-1 compliant manufacturing, Petersen Inc. has the ability to design, manufacture and test a wide range of products from small brackets to large beams and pressure vessels. Capabilities include welding, machining, assembly, painting and finishing for materials such as carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, nickel, inconel and zirconium. Extensive testing and inspection facilities are also available to verify that products meet the specified requirements of all products, including NQA-1.
This document (and related procedures) controls all processes and procedures that happen within Petersen Inc. NQA-1 documentation and control is very stringent and our systems meet the challenge.
Petersen Inc. produces products for customers throughout the DOE complex requiring NQA-1 compliance such as Melters, Gloveboxes, Hot Cells, Vessels, Casks, Containers, Process Equipment, Material Handling Equipment, Dry Fuel Storage Equipment, and other products.